Water Lock on the Apple Watch is a feature designed to help you avoid unintended taps on the display when water hits it. While it will turn on automatically when fully immersed in water, you may have to turn it on manually before taking a shower.
Here is how to turn Water Lock on and off with the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Ultra.
To turn Water Lock on:
- Swipe up on the Apple Watch face;
- Tap the water drop icon to turn on Water Lock.
When Water Lock is on, your Apple Watch will no longer respond to touch on the display. To turn Water Lock off:
- Press and hold the Digital Crown;
- Continue to hold until the display says “Unlocked,” at which point the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Ultra will eject any water that may have gotten into the speaker.
- How to use Waypoints on Apple Watch and Apple Watch Ultra
- Apple Watch Ultra review: Is it a true sports watch?
- Apple AirPods Pro 2 review – fitness tested!