Welcome to the Weekly Watt, a weekly video and podcast here on Connect the Watts that brings you an overview of what’s new in all things connected fitness.
In this week’s episode, we discuss the potential design leak of Peloton’s new rower, as well as our thoughts on the current connected rowing landscape.
Joining our hosts, Colin Jenkins and Eric Malzone, is Peloton’s original head instructor, Lisa Niren. Lisa tells us about her early days with Peloton and how that has led up to her new project with the recently released FITURE fitness mirror.
We cover all that and the rest of connected fitness in this week’s episode. Check it out below!
Video time stamps:
- Intro (0:00)
- Peloton’s Potental Rower Design (3:02)
- The Rise in Rowing Popularity (6:45)
- Rowing vs. Cycling/Running (9:36)
- Differences between current Connected Rowers (14:55)
- Will all the Rowing Companies Survive? (22:04)
- Lisa Niren and her time with Peloton(27:07)
- Lisa Niren’s time after Peloton (30:00)
- Lisa working with FITURE (34:37)
- What is FITURE (36:18)
About Eric Malzone
Eric Malzone is the host of The Future of Fitness Podcast, where he interviews the brightest movers and shakers in the fitness industry. With over 250 episodes, topics range from best business practices, marketing secrets, technological advances, and more.
About Lisa Niren
Lisa Niren was previously the head instructor of Peloton and is now the vice president and head instructor of FITURE.
- The Peloton Guide and Future of Computer Vision | The Weekly Watt
- Mobility for Better Cycling Performance with Kelly Starrett | The Weekly Watt
- How to Stay Motivated with Tempo’s Colby Landry | The Weekly Watt