While the long-awaited pause feature was rolled out to the Peloton Bike and Bike+ late last year, the Peloton Tread never received it. Now, it is finally here, and the pause button is being added to both the Peloton Tread and Tread+ in their latest update.
Once your Peloton Tread or Tread+ gets the new update, you’ll receive a notification which says the following:
For the little moments you can’t ignore, our new pause button is rolling out for on-demand classes on your Tread. When you pause a class, your Tread will begin to slow down until it comes to a complete stop. You will have the option to lock your Tread, or it will automatically lock after 45 seconds. After pausing your class, you will lose your rank on the Leaderboard, but you will still have the ability to hit PRs, milestones, and complete challenges.
In order to pause a class simply,
- tap the middle of the screen to reveal the pause button
- hold the pause button for a few seconds
You can then have the class remain on pause for up to 60 minutes. While pausing the class will have no effect on your milestones, it will remove your rank from the leaderboard.
- Peloton is offering a refurbished bike again, this time for $1,045
- Peloton instructor Chase Tucker is leaving, and class ratings may indicate why
- Review: The Peloton Tread is a great addition for existing Peloton members
FTC: Connect The Watts is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links