Today, Polar has launched a brand-new ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor called the Verity Sense.
The new Polar heart rate monitor is extremely flexible in application because it can be worn on your arm or on your temple – which is perfect for swimming activities.
From our unique vantage point at the top of the world near the Arctic Circle, we know how important it is to be able to adapt to different environments. Where a chest strap or fitness watch works well for one sport or activity, it might not work for another – and the Verity Sense is our answer to this. We’re always looking for new ways to help athletes of all sports better understand their bodies, and we’re so excited to bring a product as versatile and compact as Verity Sense to the masses.Polar CEO Tomi Saario
Verity Sense features
- Up t0 20 hours of battery life (up from 8 over the Polar OH1)
- 150 meters of broadcast range
- 16 MB included storage on the device for 600 hours of training storage
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- With Polar Flow, you can automatically sync all your training data to other apps as well, such as Strava or TrainingPeaks.
Using a swimming goggle strap clip against your temple, the new Polar heart rate monitor tracks heart rate, distance, and pace while doing workouts in the pool.
It’s available to purchase today with orders to begin shipping on February 17. It retails for $89.98. If you’re looking for a new heart rate monitor to replace the one included with your Peloton accessories package, the Polar Verity Sense will make a great option with a long-lasting battery and comfortable strap.