iFIT instructor Tommy Rivers, known by most as Tommy Rivs, has had a rough few years. Rivs was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of lung cancer in 2020, which almost took his life. He has since inspired countless others by continuing to charge forward with a relentlessly positive attitude. Then this weekend, while out for a bike ride, he got hit by a car.
Images Tommy Rivs showed of some of his injuries certainly look painful (look at his instagram if you want to see them). However, he seems to be in good spirits and after some of his wounds were taped up, he continued his bike ride afterwards.
On his instagram, Rivs wrote:
Got into another tussle with a car yesterday. Car won. Grateful it was just a few more scars and that my faithful @fezzari_bicycles steed survived to see another day. What a gift to be alive.
Don’t get dead 🏴☠️
Also, PSA: Please don’t text and drive
We last reported on Tommy Rivs when he remarkably finished the NY marathon last November after being told he may never be active again. While many may recognize Rivs from some of his iconic iFIT classes, some may not know that he is:
- a physical therapist (DPT)
- an anthropologist
- a linguist who speaks five languages
- a licensed massage therapist
- a husband and father of three girls
Tommy Rivs recently released a new walking series with iFIT that can be taken on any iFIT-enabled treadmill or elliptical. We wish Rivs the best on his recovery and ask the universe to please give this man a break!
- iFIT vs Peloton: Which program is best for runners? [Video]
- The Weekly Watt: Tommy Rivs NY Marathon, Peloton Guide, iFIT sues Victoria’s Secret
- NordicTrack EXP 14i Folding Treadmill review – updated 2022 model