Last September, WHOOP introduced the newly upgraded 4.0 of its smart biometric fitness tracker. A combination of high demand and supply chain issues drastically pushed out shipping times. But as of this week, WHOOP has announced 4.0 is now in stock and ready to ship.
At launch, expecting high demand, WHOOP had conservatively estimated ship times as long as nine weeks. When then combined with supply chain issues, it was anyone’s guess when their order would be received. Some orders took months to fulfill.
We reviewed the WHOOP 4.0 when it was first released and believe the upgrade is well worth the wait. The new 40 model includes:
- A much smaller, more comfortable design
- 4X the number of photodiode sensors for more accurate heart rate data
- Increased number of LEDs for better accuracy across more skin types.
- New sensors which track Blood Oxygen and Skin Temperature
- Improved battery charging and a water-resistant battery charger
- New ability to be worn within WHOOP clothing instead of on the wrist
To read what we thought of the new metrics and comprehensive Strain and Recovery scoring, read our full review here.
*Use code CTW for a Free Month of WHOOP
- WHOOP releases new Apple Health integration
- How to use a WHOOP strap with Peloton for better performance
- Whoop adds menstrual cycle coaching to its app
FTC: Connect The Watts is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links