Today, iFIT unveiled the brand new NordicTrack iSelect™ Adjustable Dumbbells, which are the first voice-controlled dumbbells to work with Alexa. Below are all the specs, details, price, and everything you need to know!
The new NordicTrack iSelect™ Adjustable Dumbbells can be electronically adjusted from 5 to 50 pounds within seconds using simple voice commands alongside a compatible Alexa-enabled device.
Mark Watterson, chief experience officer for iFIT said:
“We are thrilled to offer the first ever voice-controlled dumbbells that work with Alexa. Our patent-pending electronic adjustment eliminates the pain points of cumbersome mid-workout weight change found on other adjustable dumbbells, like decreased heart rate and reduced time under tension, creating a truly uninterrupted and transformative experience.”
If you do not want to use voice, the dumbbells can also be rapidly adjusted mechanically, with a simple turn of a knob.
Alexa supports three Skills for the NordicTrack iSelect dumbbells:
- Setting weight to a specific amount: e.g. “Alexa, set weights to 35 pounds”
- Increasing or decreasing weight: e.g. “Alexa, decrease weight by 10 pounds”
- Setting weight presets for specific exercises: “Alexa, set weight for biceps curls”
The iSelect dumbbells can save and automatically adjust to a user’s preset for 15 different
classic dumbbell exercises including: biceps curl, overhead shoulder press, lateral
shoulder raise, front shoulder raise, triceps extension, bent over row, chest press, squat,
deadlift, lunge, lateral lunge, wood chop, chest fly, reverse fly and renegade row.
NordicTrack iSelect Adjustable Dumbbells Specs
iFIT and Alexa integration:
- Works with Alexa-enabled devices to change weight using voice control
- iFIT 30-day family membership included (iFIT auto-renews at $39 per month plus tax)
- Note: an iFIT subscription is not required to use the NordicTrack iSelect dumbbells
- Upgradeable firmware to support future features and iFIT integrations
- A 2.4 GHz network connection is required
- Weight range of 5-50 lbs per dumbbell, in 5 lb increments, for a total of 100 lbs, replacing
the equivalent of 20 dumbbells
- Patent-pending dumbbell interlock system
- Knurled handles for improved grip
- Square weight design for stability during floor-based exercises
- Digital weight display screen
- Custom fitted weight tray that organizes weight plates for compact storage (21” long x 19” wide x 16” tall)
- Integrated tablet holder to easily follow along with your iFIT workouts
The NordicTrack iSelect Adjustable Dumbbells are already available for purchase on Amazon for $429.
Adjustable Dumbbells are a great addition to anyone’s home gym. The problem is they are often very bulky, and can sometimes be difficult to change weights quickly. NordicTrack seems to be set on solving this with a sleek new dumbbell design that can rapidly change weights without you even having to touch them.
At $429, the cost is comparable to other popular adjustable dumbbells on the market. However, the iSelect seems to offer a bit more with the Alexa voice integration, and a rapid electronic weight adjuster. The value seems there whether or not you plan on sticking with the iFIT classes and even more so if you do.