The Nordictrack Vault is so compact and tight that if you are off by just one notch when setting it up, you may need to re-do the whole thing. It took me over 30 minutes to set up my Nordictrack Vault properly to hold all of the included equipment. Now that I have, let me tell you how to do it quickly and easily so you can get yours set up in 10 minutes or less.
When you receive your Nordictrack Vault, you will first need to unbox it and assemble the base. You will also want to make sure you have all the weights, bands, and hardware before you begin. Included with the Vault is an iFit sign that you can probably get creative with and find a use for, but we just tossed it to the side.
The Vault hardware comes with four sets of left and right shelf holders. It also comes with two types of shelves so you can customize your storage. The first type is solid shelves to place your equipment on. The second type is hanging shelves that have openings so you can hang your dumbbells if you prefer.
Keep in mind that the hanging shelves do not hold the included dumbbells properly, so you will not be able to use them if you want everything to fit.
Installing the shelves
The real key to setting up your Nordictrack Vault to optimize storage is finding exactly where to place the shelves. If anything is off by just one space, you will not be able to fit everything properly because this thing is designed tight.
To install your shelf holders, you are going to start by counting from the bottom up:
– First, count up to the fifth hole, then place a left and right shelf holder on each side.
– Next, count up to the fourteenth hole and place another set of shelf holders.
– After that, count up to the twenty-fourth hole and do the same thing.
– Finally, count up to the thirty-second hole and place the last set of shelf holders on each side.
Loading in your equipment
Once you have gotten all of your shelf holders in place and have put the shelves in, it is time to load in your equipment.
- The bottom row is for the 30lb dumbbells and 30lb kettlebell.
- The next shelf up is for the 25lb dumbbells and 20lb kettlebell.
- The following shelf is for the 15lb and 20lb dumbbells.
- The shelf after that is for the 5lb and 10lb dumbbells.
- Finally, the top shelf holds the exercise mat and towel, alongside hooks that hold your resistance and loop bands. As well as a cubby to hold your two yoga blocks.
Putting most of the top shelf equipment away, like the mat and towel, is pretty self-explanatory. But it can be a bit tricky to hang the large resistance bands if you have never done it before. Since you do not want the bands to hang down too low, twist each one first to create an ‘X’ and then fold them in half. Now, when you hang each one on the hooks, they will fit properly.
That is all it takes to set up your NordicTrack Vault to ensure everything fits, and it looks just like the pictures. If you have not already, make sure to check out our review of the Vault and our comparison between the Complete and Standalone Vault to see which system is best for you.