Peloton will be celebrating the heritage of Asian and Pacific Islander people throughout May with themed classes, music, and exclusive apparel. Furthermore, the company is making extended efforts to maintain a welcoming community for all people.
In a blog post this morning, Peloton outlined the measures it is taking to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (APIHM) throughout May.
At an unfortunate time when hate and discrimination against people of Asian descent is on the rise, Peloton has once again stepped up as a welcomed voice of inclusion and community for all. In the blog post, the fitness company states the following:
At Peloton, we stand firmly against racism and xenophobia of any kind. We recognize this time may be challenging for our Asian and Pacific Islander communities, and we are committed to supporting you. (Read a powerful essay by our very own Sam Yo here.)
This month, Peloton is donating an additional $100,000 to the Asian American Federation (AAF), an organization that furthers justice, wellness and opportunity for Asian American communities. Building on our existing partnership, we will support AAF’s mental wellness initiatives for Asian American individuals and families.
By making this donation, Peloton is putting its money where its mouth is and offering support to a community in need. This is very on brand for the Peloton community and its pledge against social injustices and inequality.
From a content standpoint, Peloton is also honoring the Asian and Pacific Islander community. This includes a special meditation class every Monday with Aditi Shah, as well as APIHM themed Yoga Flow pop classes beginning this Saturday, May 1. Here are some of the other themed classes that have been scheduled for May so far:
- May 1 at 11 am EDT: 30 min APIHM Yoga Flow with Aditi Shah
- May 3 at 8 am EDT: 30 min APIHM Ride with Emma Lovewell
- May 3 at 9 am EDT / 2 p.m. BST: 30 min APIHM Ride with Sam Yo
- May 10 at 8:30 am EDT: 20 minute APIHM Celebration Full Body Strength with Selena Samuela
- May 10 at 6:00 pm EDT: 30 minute APIHM Celebration Yoga Flow with Chelsea Jackson Roberts
- May 11 at 9:00 am EDT: 20 minute APIHM Celebration Ride with Leanne Hainsby
- May 11 at 10:30 am EDT: 30 minute APIHM Celebration Yoga Flow with Kristin McGee
- May 11 at 7:00 pm EDT: 30 minute APIHM Icons Walk with Jess Sims
Lastly, Peloton has hinted at an exclusive new collection of apparel to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
Working collaboratively with Aditi, Emma and Sam, we designed a collection that features custom prints inspired by florals within the Asian and Pacific Islander diaspora.
According to the blog post, that collection is scheduled to drop next week, so keep an eye out for that as well.
Subscribe to Connect the Watts on YouTube to stay in the loop with all the connected fitness news as it happens